We continue telling you about our strong #cities_in_the_rear. This time, we are featuring the city of Rivne.
- Since early January, almost 60,000 internally displaced persons were registered in Rivne Oblast. Most of them are from Kyiv and Donbas. In general, the region is ready to accept another 38,000 internally displaced persons if necessary. In addition, 750 IDPs were employed in the Rivne region in 2022.
- The city provided IDPs who came from other regions with the opportunity to visit the zoo free of charge, provided they had the appropriate document. In 2022, 6,446 internally displaced persons visited the Rivne Zoo. From the beginning of 2023 to the present day, 218 IDPs have visited the zoo. Read more: https://bit.ly/3YA8DDd
- The military administration in Rivne, which moved from Kreminna, organized a hub where IDPs from Luhansk Oblast can seek help. Here they can receive humanitarian kits and legal and medical advice. Read more: https://bit.ly/3I8lSWa
- Rivne residents support IDPs. Recently, the city has organized a sports relay for displaced children and those whose parents are defending Ukraine. The sporting event was organized to distract them from negative memories and help them better adapt to the new environment. Read more: https://bit.ly/3RMHs5J
- Partners from European cities continue to support Rivne Oblast. During the mayor's last visit to the United States, close cooperation and friendly relations were established with many representatives of the Ukrainian diaspora, including agreements on cooperation and joint projects.
We are standing strong! Together to the victory!