Transparency International Ukraine announces the selection of five analysts to assess the transparency of cities within the framework of the project “Transparent Cities: e-platform for cooperation of citizens and local governments for accountability and good governance,” implemented with the support of the European Union.
The purpose of the competitive selection is to engage five external experts to independently assess the transparency of city councils of the 100 largest cities in Ukraine, which will allow us to conclude a city Transparency Ranking. Transparency measuring will be conducted using a special methodology, developed by the civil society organization Transparency International Ukraine together with the Institute of Political Education.
- To assess the transparency of 20 cities using about 80 indicators, with reference to the methodology for ranking the transparency of Ukrainian cities.
- To process official responses of city councils and consider them when assessing cities.
- To enter a city's score in a specially designed and provided form, explain the score for each indicator with links to materials confirming the correctness of the decision.
- To formulate recommendations for improving transparency for city councils.
- To prepare an interim and final reports on the services provided in accordance with the established forms. If selected, you will receive a detailed description of the methodology with explanations on its application, a list of cities to be assessed, and a form to fill in.
Requirements to the candidates:
- Higher education in political science, public administration, public policy, sociology, law, or any other related field.
- Knowledge of legislation in the field of local self-government and topics that are the subject of the research.
- Skills in working with Excel, Google Sheets, and Google Docs.
- Experience in applying the transparency ranking methodology of the 100 largest cities in Ukraine (or other similar methodology), conducting research on corruption, open data, municipal administration, etc. will be an advantage.
- Efficiency, self-organization, and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Fluency in the Ukrainian language.
- Readiness to devote 30 calendar days to completing the task during November-December 2021.
- No conflict of interest in relation to the above tasks.
Estimated duration of engagement — 30 calendar days (from November to December 2021). The exact deadlines for completing the tasks will be agreed with the selected analysts.
Payment for services: is determined based on the results of the interview;
Deadline for submitting resumes and motivation letters: October 31, 2021
To participate in the competition, please send your detailed CV and a short motivation letter in Ukrainian indicating the desired salary level to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of the message “Analyst for the Transparent Cities program.”
Special attention will be paid to the experience in applying legislation in the field of local self-government, which demonstrates analytical skills (for example, participation in an assessment, monitoring of the integrity, effectiveness of public authorities or local self-government bodies).
Transparency International Ukraine is an accredited chapter of the global movement Transparency International with a comprehensive approach to development and implementation of changes for reduction of the corruption level.
TI Ukraine launched the Transparent Cities program in 2017. It aims at reducing corruption at the local level and promoting the best practices of transparency and accountability.
The team of TI Ukraine has developed and introduced the Transparency Ranking of 100 largest cities in Ukraine. Every year, experts analyze the openness of city councils based on indicators in 14 spheres. Over four years, the average city transparency level has increased by 59.5%.
*When submitting documents, you consent to Transparency International Ukraine's processing and storing your personal data.